Playful Palette Suite - Sending Wishes Card


Hi Everyone! 

and welcome to a new Stampin Up! year! if you have hopped on over from Anna's Blog Welcome! 

I'm back today with The Artful Stampers for their weekly blog hop, this week we had a sketch to work with. 

The new Annual Catalogue is here and there is lots of new goodies, including lots of suites, so I have set my self a goal; I am going to show you at least 3 projects that you can do from each of the suites in the catalogue, it's a big challenge, but I think I can do it! 

So the first suite I chose was the Playful Palette Suite, this is a modern and colourful suite and features some of the new In Colours (Which are gorgeous by the way), It's on pages 118-119 in the Artistic Expression section. 

Here is the card I made: 


How pretty are those colours together? So as much as I would have liked to use the stamp set that goes with the suite, I just could not think how/when I could use all the elements, which means I didn't want to pay $44 for a stamp set I may or may not use. So instead of using the Painter's Palette, I used another stamp set from the Artistic Expression section; Butterfly Basics, I love this set and wanted to show you how well it works with that gorgeous DSP! 

I didn't want to put a big solid circle behind all those elements and block that gorgeous background, so instead I cut out a circle using Vellum Cardstock, I think it works really well and makes the card 'soft'. 


List of supplies I used on the card: 

  • Butterfly Basics Stamp Set
  • Playful Palette Designer Series Paper Stack 
  • Sweet Sugarplum A4 cardstock and ink pad 
  • Dapper Denim ink pad 
  • Peekaboo Peach A4 cardstock and ink pad 
  • Very Vanilla A4 cardstock 
  • Vellum Cardstock 
  • Basic Pearls 
and you guessed it, I decorated the inside: 


I hope you have enjoyed my card this week, and don't forget to come back next week for another card made from the Playful Palette suite! Now it's time to hop on over to Jane's blog and see what she has created this week! 

As always a list of this week's participants: 

Jane Riches
Nicole Wilson -
Nicole Nicholls -
Annette Sullivan
Anna Foster
Kathryn Carr

See you next week! 

Kathryn x 




Comments

  1. Looks like this DSP is a favourite. Love the soft vellum circle

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all ties in just wonderful especially love the vellum you used

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creation has change my mind on this paper stack. Thnakyou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card - and great minds with the papers! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts