Playful Palette Suite Overview

Hi Everyone!

My goal this year is to show you different projects made from the different product suites in the catalogue.

So what is a product suite your asking?

A product suite takes all the stress out of combining colours, designs and accents, everything in a suite co-ordinates, to make it easy for you. Perfect if your just starting out, or even if you are an experienced crafter.

How many suites are there?

All together there are 14 suites! So I've got some work to do!

Why am I doing this?

I would like to show you how easy it is to use a suite to take the fuss and thought out of making your cards, I also want to show you how easy it is to substitute elements if you don't like something.

Suites I have done:


Playful Palette



Overview:

Today I am going to be doing an overview of what is in the Playful Palette Suite.


There are a total of 7 items in the suite; 1 stamp set, 1 designer series paper stack, 1 cardstock pack, 1 washi tape, 1 set of framelits, and 2 twines.

Stamp Set:

 The stamp set is called Painter's Palette and comes in both Wood ($44) and Clear ($31)




I personally didn't like the stamp set, and couldn't find anyway that I could use it to make my own cards, so instead I have substituted it for Gorgeous Grunge, and Butterfly Basics, all my projects will include these stamp sets, instead of the Painter's Palette.



Designer Series Paper Stack:

This DSPS is called Playful Palette, and includes really fun designs great for both masculine and feminine cards. It co-ordinates with the following colours: Basic Black, Blushing Bride, Emerald Envy, Peekaboo Peach, Sweet Sugarplum, Very Vanilla. I wasn't too sure If I would like this stack at first, but after looking at it in person, it has grown on me and I do quite like it.

* 48 sheets, 4 each of 12 double-sided designs
* 6" x 6" (15.2 x 15.2 cm)
* Acid free
                                      * Lignin free




Cardstock Pack:

This pack is ideal, if you don't want to spend money on a full pack, but would like co-ordinating cardstock to use with your DSP.

* A4
* 24 sheets: 8 sheets each of 3 colours: Blushing Bride, Sweet Sugarplum, Very Vanilla
* Acid free
* Lignin free






Washi Tape:

Washi Tape is ideal if you want to add that touch of embellishment, you can use it to stick down layers, or use it underneath layers to add that extra something.

* 5 rolls per package, 1 each of 5 designs
* 3 widths, 1 roll of each width: 3/8", 1/2", 5/8" (1 cm, 1.3 cm, 1.6 cm)
* 5 yards (4.6 m) per roll
* Lignin free







Twines:

I love using twines, to add underneath elements, or even using them to add a bow, I haven't got these yet as they weren't available in pre order, so instead I am using thick Whisper White Baker's Twine dyed in co-ordinating colours.

                                               
                                                                                                 
Basic Black Metallic Thread

Bright, shiny, lustrous! This delicate metallic thread adds instant dazzle to your projects.

* 50 yards (45.7 m)
* Basic Black
* Polyester/PET blend





                                                                                                
                                                                                                   
Blushing Bride Solid Baker's Twine

Crafter's must-have! Baker's twine is an economical and cheery way to dress up your projects. Wrap it around a card, make pompoms, tie it around gift bags—you'll never run out of ways to use it.

* Solid Blushing Bride
* 1/16" (1.6 mm) wide
* 25 yards (22.9 m)
* 100% cotton


Framelits:

These require the big shot to use, and are great for layering or even cutting out that square inside that easel in the stamp set. I personally haven't gotten these yet, as I can cut a square with my trimmer and not have any wastage. I may look at investing in the future, but not yet.

* 19 dies
* Largest image: 4-1/8" x 3-3/4" (7.6 x 7.6 cm)
* Use with Big Shot



What do I think?

Do I love the suite? No, Do I like it? kinda, it's really not my thing, that's why I haven't purchased the stamp set, I do like the colour combination, and have managed to make a couple of cards using the DSP, but I don't think It's something that I would re stock on, once it's gone, it's gone.

What have I created so far:


I have a link for these 2 cards at the beginning of the post, I will add any more cards I create.

I hope you have found this post useful, I will see you next time, for another card made from the Playful Palette Suite!

Kathryn x

Comments

Popular Posts