Cracked Glass Technique Birthday Card

Hi Everyone! 

Welcome back to another Artful Stamper's Blog Hop! If you have hopped on over from Anna's Blog, Welcome! 

We are up to challenge #91! and this week we have both a colour combination and sketch to work with. The colour combination is new, but the sketch is from challenge #38:





I have to admit, I was quite stumped at what to do, the colour combination was certainly a challenge this week! So I took a look at what I did for challenge #38 and decided to take inspiration from that, this is what I did: 


On this card, I featured the cracked glass technique, so I decided to re-visit this. And here is what I came up with: 


I love the end result! Here is a closeup of the cracked glass technique, I just love the look it gives!:


And as always a decorated inside:


So how did I do the cracked glass technique? It's really simple!

What you'll Need: 


  • Emerald Envy cardstock cut to 2-3/4" x 2-3/4"
  • Versamark Ink 
  • Clear Embossing Powder
  • Heat Gun 
  1. Ink all of your cardstock with Versamark ink and then cover with clear embossing powder, and heat until all melted 
  2. Repeat step 1 another 3 times, so in total you have 4 layers of clear embossing powder on your cardstock
  3. Once you have melted the last layer, set aside for about 30 seconds and let it dry 
  4. Once it has dried and cooled a little bit, to create the cracked glass all you need to do is bend it! Yep by bending the cardstock you'll crack the embossing you have done. 
How simple was that? Now you know how to do it, why don't you give it a go and try it for yourself! 

Which card do you prefer? The original or the re-creation. I'll be honest and say I prefer my re-creation, it's a lot brighter, cleaner and simpler. 

Now it's time to hop along to Jane, and see how she handled this week's challenge! 

And as always a list of this week's participants: 


I hope you have enjoyed this week's card, and I will see you next time! 

Kathryn x 



Comments

  1. Nothing quite like CASing yourself - great bright bold version :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new version with the cracked glass technique. I haven't tried that for years - will be adding it to my 'soon to do' list. Thanks Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the cracked glass element layer! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts