Butterfly Bookmark

Hi Everyone! 

I'm back this week for another Artful Stampers Blog Hop Challenge! If you have hopped on over from Tamsin's Blog welcome! 

This week we have a colour challenge:


This week was tough! These are colours I don't use very often, so I don't know if  it was that or if it was the fact that I didn't know what to do!

Anyway after sitting down for half an hour I figured out what to do; I've been reading quite a few books lately, so I thought it would be time to make myself a bookmark, instead of using the odd receipt that I find lying around. 

Here is the end result:


I'm quite happy with it, it's exactly how I wanted it to be. Basically I just stamped in layers, using the Butterfly Basics, Papillon Potpurri, and World of Dreams stamp sets. 

With the butterflies, I stamped them onto a scrap piece of Sahara Sand card stock, I then punched them out and on the bookmark I stamped the butterfly image, and attached the punched out butterfly to the bookmark using a glue dot; this gives it a '3d' look. 


And to finish it off I used the Sahara Sand lace ribbon, and tied it off with the Wild Wasabi seam binding ribbon. And did you know that we actually don't have any matching Elegant Eggplant or Rose Red ribbon? Strange.


I hope you have enjoyed this weeks idea, and now it's time to hop along to Jane's Blog and see what she has created this week!  


And as always here is a list of this week's participants: 

Kathryn Carr -----> YOU ARE HERE 

See you next time! 

Kathryn x


Comments

  1. Love your out of the box thinking by doing something other than a card. It looks beautiful. Something to inspire you to keep going back to your readying for sure. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bookmark. The colours work so well with the stamp sets you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty! This is the perfect stamp set to use to showcase these colours. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts