The Artful Stampers Blog Hop Challenge #43

Hi Everyone

I'm back today for The Artful Stampers blog hop challenge #43, If you have hopped over from Tamsin's Blog, Welcome! 

So this week we have a colour challenge:


The end result is completely different to what I had starting thinking in my head, I was originally going to do a card using the Sprinkles of Life stamp set, But as the toy sale is going on at the moment, we got some spiral doodle sets in and I had bought one but completely forgotten about it that was until I was watching a vlog and they had spotted one in their local shops and suddenly I remembered about it, and had a brain wave, could I combine both Stampin' Up! and the spiral doodle kit together? And I did, here is my end result! I am in love! 


I started off using our Stampin Write Markers and used the fine tip end first, but I wasn't liking how much white space there was, so I experimented with the brush tip end of the marker, and it worked! 


I mounted the spiral piece onto Watermelon Wonder, and added a Vintage Faceted Designer Button with an Old Olive bow tied in the centre, and then stamped the greeting from Kinda Eclectic, I love it so much! 

And as always I decorated the inside of the card: 



Just in case your wondering I'm using the Klutz Spiral Draw kit, and I did a stacked spiral with the one wheel. 

Image from Australian Graphic Store
And what wheel and shapes I used:


I hope you are inspired by my card, and are inspired to try something different and out of the ordinary on your cards. 

Now let's hop along to Anna's blog where I'm sure she has an awesome project waiting for you. 

And if you get lost along the way here is a list of this weeks participants: 

Kathryn Carr --------> YOU ARE HERE! 

Until next week, see you later!

Kathryn x 



Comments

  1. beautiful card...I do love spirals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brings back memories. I bet you had lots of fun playing with the spiral wheels and markers. A lovely 'retro' look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so tricky! That's turned out really groovy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to ABSOLUTELY LOVE my spirograph as a kid. You've put it to perfect use here on your card. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts