Encouragement Card

Hi Everyone!

I am back today to share with you the card I made for The Artful Stampers Blog Hop Challenge #40 (Woah! that was long sentence to type!). Even though I'm too late to link in with the actual blog hop, I thought I would share the card with you anyway. 

I made this card last week hoping to do a post in time, but with work and getting ready/ being on a Cub camp, I just had no time and was exhausted by the end of the week. 

So this week's challenge is a sketch challenge, here is the sketch: 


It was a bit of a tough one this week, but I managed to create something gorgeous from it! 

For the background I did a water colour piece, It's always one of my favourite techniques, when I get 5 I'll hopefully I'll be able to create a video on it. 

Here it is: 


This greeting fitted the card and purpose perfectly! Even though it's retired, it was going to a very special friend who is going through a tough time at the moment. 

The colours I have used in the background, are Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo and Tangerine Tango, and I added the Mint Macron for a pop of colour. 

I was stumped at what to do for the bottom half of the sketch, that's when I thought I could use the lace trim and it fitted in perfectly. I've already hopped around and seen what other demonstrators have done, and a couple of them made the sketch to look like a window, which I thought was great! 

Here is a close up of the water colouring! See why I love it so much! 



If you want to have a look at what the other demonstrators have done, you can start here on Anna's Blog

So I hope I have inspired you to have a go at this sketch! That's it for this week, and I'll see you for the next challenge! 

Kathryn! x 



Comments

Popular Posts