The Artful Stampers Blog Hop Challenge #39

Hi Everyone! 

I'm back again this week for another blog hop! 

If you have hopped over from Annette's Blog welcome! I'm sure she had a beautiful project to share with you! 

This week we have a colour challenge - 


I wasn't too sure how they would all look together, but once I laid out the ink pads on my desk, they looked quite nice!

This week I decided to experiment with the good old marbling technique. I love how it turned out. 


I don't have a video for you this week, but it's a pretty simple technique, here is the link to the tutorial I found on Splitcoaststampers - Rolling Marble Technique

I did one colour at time, drying the ink with my heat gun in between layers, I also misted my ink drops with water before I rolled my marbles in it; this is just to make the ink go a bit further. 

I used the Bermuda Bay, Pear Pizzazz and Basic Grey ink refills for the marbling technique on Whisper White, I then layered it onto Basic Grey and then mounted that onto a Rose Red base. 

I hope you like my card and are inspired to try this technique out for yourself, I'm sure you all have some marbles floating around in your house! 

Here is a close up of the marbling -


I also decorated the inside of my card -





Now it's time to hop on over to Alison's Blog, where I'm sure she has a beautiful project waiting to share with you! 

And if you get lost along the way, here's a list to find your way back - 

Kathryn Carr --------> YOU ARE HERE 

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you next week!

Kathryn! x 

Just one more picture!







Comments

  1. Gorgeous card and the marbling technique is so effective on the background of this card just gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh - cool! I love how you used a piece of it for the inside too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great technique. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the abstract pattern & glittery butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts