A Sunny Challenge!

Hi Guys

Today I am back with a Sunny Challenge but earlier than usual.

This isn't because they have put the challenge up earlier, It is because I have known what the challenge is for a few weeks now,  Do you remember me winning the challenge with the twisted easel card? Well winning that challenge gave me the fabulous opportunity to be a Weekly Guest Designer on the Sunny Challenges and Creations blog, I accepted this with pleasure!

So what is this weeks challenge?



This weeks challenge is to use the above sketch and the theme "Birthdays".

At first when I saw the sketch I wanted to create a bright, fun and happy birthday card, with the two rectangles being the focus. I did a warm up card and wasn't happy with the direction I was going in. So I decided to change it up, with the two rectangles still being the focus.

Here is the end result:

As you can see it is quite different from what I was first thinking, and I love it!!

Cardstock:
Naturals Ivory, Watercolor Paper, Everyday Enchantment DSP (Retired), Lucky Limeade

Ink: Peach Parfait, Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso, Peach Parfait Ink Refill, Daffodil Delight Ink Refill, Early Espresso Marker, Lucky Limeade Marker, Pumpkin Pie Marker, Versamark, Sahara Sand

Stamp Sets:
Fifth Avenue Floral, Fresh Vintage (Retired)

Other:
Sponges, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle punch, Paper Trimmer, Simply Scored, Paper Piercer, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Aqua Painter, Blossom Petals punch

Don't you just love the lily? I used the fool proof water colouring technique on this Lily and it worked wonders! I'll post a tutorial on this very soon!

So why don't you join us in this weeks Sunny Challenge and try something new! Thanks for stopping by! Just click on the link below and follow the instructions!



Well thats it for today!

Cya Later!

Kathryn x



Comments

  1. Wow, Kathryn - this card is a beauty!! I just LOVE the way you've coloured the lily (I eagerly await your tutorial!). Gorgeous card, and congrats on being a Guest Designer this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, I really love what you have done with the sketch. The lily is absolutely beautiful too. Thank you so much for being our guest designer at Sunny Challenges and Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you should Kathryn. I love everything you have done to create your gorgeous card, especially the sponging, colouring & the leaves. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this week over at Sunny Challenges & Creations

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts